Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jennie Flaker - Larsen

I own a company called 'Beach Masters' we invent patent and sell outdoor recreational products for everyone that makes outdoor activities FUN instead of work! I have one product on the market 'The Shade Wagon' that I invented as a labor of love for moms. It's been featured on the Today Show, Forbes.com and USA Today. My company has teamed up with BYU and just finished the engineering our next product. It's been amazing and such a growing experience to be able to do what I love and work on an idea from concept to market. website:www.shadewagon.com

My spouse is Steve Larsen. We have been married 15 years. He is my best friend and biggest supporter. He is an electrical engineer and works for a company called "Mega Stir" in Orem.

I have 3 kids beautiful,funny, outgoing kids: Jessica 14, Olivia 9, Corbin 2. My kids are so funny and have such a love and zest for life! It's really just a blast hanging out with them. Being a mom is truly the BEST thing I have ever done, they are by far by greatest joy and biggest accomplishment in life.

I currently live in Payson UT. I moved here with my husband when we got married 15 yrs ago. At first I HATED it! I know Provo wasn't anything to write home about but Payson seemed like Omish country! Were still here but now I love it!

Places I've lived since High School: I've only lived in Utah but because I go to California so much for my business we're looking into moving there in the next year.

I attended 1 semester at UVSC then never went back! BUT~ I currently work with a team of engineers, marketing students, animation students, and manufacturing students at BYU, I feel like I'm back in school but I don't have to pay for it! I LOVE IT!

I love hanging out with friends and family. My house in a constant revolving door, there is always something going on and I wouldn't have it any other way. To relax and get my mind off things I love reading trashy romance novels!

Most memorable moment of High School:

I would have to say it was sitting in the stands at graduation. I missed graduation by 2 credits! So being in the bleachers instead of graduating sucked! BUT, I took my GED and got my diploma right after. I remember feeling excited about what was ahead now that school was over.

Most embarrassing moment:

This one was easy!

One year in PE we were swimming laps for what seemed like an eternity. When the teacher blew the whistle to get out of the pool and sit on the edge we were in the deep end. I was SO tired from swimming I couldn't pull myself up on the edge. Everyone was out of the pool except me bobbing up and down like Shamoo the whale trying to get out. Finally some kid stood up and tried to pull my fat ass out and he FELL IN trying to pull me out! I wanted to drown right then and there. I had to swim to the shallow end and get out. Needless to say, I never went back...




No comments:

Post a Comment