Saturday, July 23, 2011

Brooks Brannan

Lets see where to begin...hmmmm.....

I left Provo the day after we were done with school, didn't even go to graduation. I packed up all I had in a duffel bag, strapped it to the back of my motorcycle and headed to Sun Valley ID. I worked up there for almost 3 years doing just about everything you can think of. Being a cook, working on the mountain, the Gun Club and skiing as much as I could. While I was there my girlfriend called me and told me she was pregnant and we ended up getting married that fall. Things didn't work out for us but we have a great son and daughter together. (Philip Miner actually worked there as well for a while.)Being a California kid I missed the ocean and finally I figured I better get a little direction in life and so I joined the Coast Guard. I joined in 94 and went to Helicopter Rescue School, I loved this job and have been doing it ever since. I have lived in Astoria Oregon, Port Angeles WA, Aguadilla Puerto Rico, back to Port Angeles, San Francisco CA and now I live in Traverse City MI. I have trained with many agencies around the world including the Welch and S. Africans and finished up my degree. On my second tour to Port Angeles I met my darling wife who was teaching elementry school there. My best friend married her best friend and introduced us to each other and we got married on St Pattys day in 07. We lived in San Fran and then transferred last summer to Traverse City MI.
It was a big change leaving the West Coast to the North but I love it here. No sharks in the waters, nice seasons, and nice people. The freshwater is a big change as well and I have grown accustomed to it over the last year. The Air Station where I work is amazing and the guys that work for me are top notch and makes my life easy. I might retire after this unit but I will have to see where they want to send me next.
I wish I could attend the reunion but prior work and other commitments have got me engaged all summer. A quick shout out to all the Provo High members, I am friends with a few of them on Facebook and
Rob Montgomery and I have been friends since school. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys at the next engagement.
Brooks Brannan

The first one is up on the Golden Gate bridge. I had to go inspect the workers harnesses(plus a good way to get up there) in case we ever had to pull them off of the bridge. Second is the fam and third is what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment