Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cameron Hill

Hi all,

This is kind of late in the game, but better late then never. After high school I had the great pleasure of serving an LDS mission to Brasilia Brasil from 91 to 93. Loved my time there, and loved being in such a beautiful place with amazing people. I came home from Brasil and started immediately at BYU as an undecided lowly freshmen. The following year I decided engineering was for me, and signed up. It did not take me long (mostly because of Chem 105 and 106) to realize engineering wasnt it. So the following year I decided Construction Management was a better route and applied to the BYU CM program. I spent my college years working for my dad at Sundance doing pretty much everything and anything. Mainly I spent my winters taking early morning classes at BYU, skiing all afternoon and driving snowcats all night. Summers were spent working on the mountain and squeezing in classes when I could. Due to the large amount of time spent mountain biking, hiking and skiing, I took a tad longer to finish my degree, I believe the letter from BYU said in nice terms "would you mind hurrying up please and get this done."

After graduation with my CM degree, I worked for a home builder for a short period of time, then moved on to a larger contractor out of Salt Lake. I worked for them till last fall as a Project Manager and Scheduler. Then last November I had a job offer for a company that I had built an office for in Provo, and decided to take it. So currently I work for a company called Parlant Technologies. We provide mass calling solutions for schools around the world. Its been different and a great learning opportunity. In my constant efforts to never rush into anything and much to the delight of my mother, I finally got married to my long time girlfriend (we dated 7 or 8 years, seriously you just don't want to rush into these things just ask Brian Liechty). I married Megan Jensen from Kaysville in December of 2008. She is an amazing person, who has accomplished so much in her life, both in sports and education and career. She never ceases to amaze me. We both have a great love of competing and spend our time training and racing. I have an addiction for triathlons, and Megan races on the Utah road biking race circuit (and does rather well). It has provided us some awesome opportunities to train and travel together. We love to bike and thanks to not having children yet, we are able to get out and ride a lot.

Its been exciting catching up with lots of you, both on Facebook and reading your posts on this blog. I look forward to seeing everyone and catching up some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment