Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stephanie Strang - Tippets


I met my husband, Brian Tippets, the summer before our senior year of high school. In fact, he was my date for our Senior Ball and MORP. He graduated from Orem High in ‘91. We were married in December of 1993 and have 2 children: Tevan, 16 and Kylie, 11. Being married to my best friend and mother to 2 terrific kids has been so very rewarding. Tevan is an avid soccer player and competitive soccer referee, like his Dad. He is also the high school basketball team manager in addition to playing percussion in the high school band. Kylie is a soccer player as well as a dancer and competitive cheerleader. My husband, Brian, is the controller for a national environmental consulting agency. I have worked as a Registered Nurse since graduating in 1998. After working several years in the ER and then the ICU, I became a nursing educator. I also work for the Children’s Justice Center, doing pediatric forensic exams on victims of suspected child abuse and am Chair for the advisory committee of a local nursing program.

Volunteer work has been a very fun part of post- high school life. We have had the privilege of being foster parents. Brian is a soccer coach to our two kid’s state competitive teams. This past spring we had the opportunity to watch the kids he has coached for the past 10 years win the soccer high school state championship (go Mountain Crest!). We have spent the past 7 years running a soccer league for 2500 kids. We recently decided to take a back seat in that role as I have become the Utah American Heart Association Committee Chair. Life is one big adventure – right!?!

I can’t wait to catch-up with all of you at the reunion!
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment