Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ryan Johnson

For the past 13 years I've been married to the beautiful and talented Amber Johnson (via Vancouver, Washington). We met while I was earning a degree in Communications from BYU. We have two children, Blake and Maya. For the past 8 years we've lived in Alpine, Utah. We love it here but constantly toy with the idea of living other places, maybe even overseas.

I currently work as a consultant for large companies that need help managing contract relationships so they don't over-pay for goods/services. Throughout my career I've had to spend 25-30% of my time on the road. Though it has its down sides, the travel has provided many interesting and unique opportunities to see cities and sites all over the world. My hobbies and interests are constantly changing, but I enjoy the outdoors, sports, and spending time with my family.

Amber is enormously creative. She spends most of her time (when she's not being a fantastic mother) quilting and blogging about quilting (and about all of her other projects, activities, and adventures - http://alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com/). When she first started quilting, about 6-7 years ago, she told me it was her dream to fill a large cabinet in our entry with quilts. What I thought would take a lifetime took only 4-5 years. She is now designing quilts. Last year she started a business (Gigi's Thimble) and sells her patterns to quilt stores and distributors all over the country. Her latest project is a quilting book.

Blake is nearly 9 years old and will start 3rd grade this fall. He's 10 times smarter than his dad ever was. He loves soccer and any kind of sport. I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure this kid is going to do amazing things.

Maya (6 years old) is Daddy's girl. She is sugar and spice. She is also very bright and will start 1st grade this fall. We love her fun, energetic personality. She is very social. She enjoys gymnastics, soccer, and singing throughout the house.

When I was 16 years old I moved from Minnesota to Provo. I attended PHS my Junior and Senior years. There are many in our class I never got to know, but I'm grateful that so many of you reached out and were good friends to me. I have many great memories of these years.

Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment